Thursday 1 May 2008

2nd Annual Commands and Colors Day

May 31st is the date of the 2nd Annual Commands & Colors Day, my annual adventure into the world of Richard Borg.


It will be a full day (2pm to whenever people leave) of all the Commands & Colors line of games; this is to be a learning-friendly playing session. If you have never played before and have been interested, or you are a veteran, you are welcome.

There are 4 games in the Commands & Colors System and I have two of each game:

Battle Cry the first of the series and a game of the American Civil War, published by Hasbro in 2000. This is the simplest of the C&C system, but is still a lot of fun.


Memoir '44 the second, and the highly successful World War II game by Days of Wonder, I have all but one of the expansions, so the Russians and the Japanese are available to play. I have yet to purchase the Air Pack.


Commands & Colors: Ancients is GMT's block version of the series, featuring Rome, the Greeks and Carthage. This includes the all the expansions. It is the most complicated of the C&C system, but to me, is the best of them.


BattleLore the fourth and currently final installment. Battle Lore is unique in the series in that it starts out with historical battles it moves into the fantasy range. This is the only one if the C&C system that allows for Goblins, Dwarves and Hill Giants. I currently have all the expansions for the game.

Here is my commentary on last year's event. We had a ton of fun, and I would love to recreate that day again.

Since this is running out of my house, space is limited with only room for 10 people total. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me via email, bgamegeekATgmail.com

No comments: