Friday 1 June 2007

Power Grid a Mania is on!

The object of Power Grid is to supply the most cities with power when someone's network gains a predetermined size. In this edition, players mark pre-existing routes between cities for connection, and then vie against other players to purchase the power plants that you use to supply the power. However, as plants are purchased, newer more efficient plants become available so you're potentially allowing others to access to superior equipment merely by purchasing at all. Additionally, players must acquire the raw materials, like coal, oil, garbage, or uranium, to power said plants (except for the highly valuable 'renewable energy' wind/solar plants), making it a constant struggle to upgrade your plants for maximum efficiency while still retaining enough wealth to quickly expand your network to get the cheapest routes.

It is at my place Sunday, June 10th at 1 PM. Email me if you are interested, as I only have room for 4 more (unless another copy of Power Grid shows up).

3 comments:

tim said...

Sounds fun, but I can't make it. I'll be in Saskatoon that day.

Jolo said...

Lazy Tim!

I bet you are not even going to come play soccer today either.

tim said...

Nah I had a bit of a wipe out at bike polo on Thursday and hurt my ankle...